Academic Technology Winter Institutes January 2015
All instructors are invited to attend Academic Technology Winter Institutes. We are offering a series of workshops in which you will explore course technologies to enrich your courses, receive customized support for your individual teaching needs, and use evaluation methods to improve your course design.
- Winter Institute: Wednesday, January 14 and Thursday 15, January 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Advanced Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) Institute: Tuesday, January 20 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Peer Review Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) Institute: Wednesday, January 21 10:00AM to 3:00PM
To register for any or all three Institutes go to: Winter Institute Registration
January 14 and Thursday 15, January 9:00AM to 4:00PM
This institute provides hands-on experience with interactive demonstrations and engaging activities designed to orient you to campus course technologies, teach you the basics of using iLearn, and inspire you to achieve more with technology in your courses.
In the AT Winter Institute you will:
- Discover how other SF State faculty have adapted and optimized technology in their courses Explore Instructional activities for online teaching
- Develop interactive approaches to student engagement
- Learn about campus-supported technologies
- Receive one-on-one instructional design support
Advanced Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) Institute
Tuesday, January 20 9:00AM to 4:00PM
This advanced institute focuses on deepening your knowledge of best practices for online teaching and course design. Surrounded by peers you will learn the tricks and strategies that will make your iLearn course more effective for you and your students.
- In the QOLT Advanced Institute you will:
- Learn about best practices for online teaching and course design
- Use the QOLT assessment rubric to evaluate sample courses
- Collaborate with peers and discuss design challenges you face
- Receive instructional design support for your course
Peer Review Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) Institute
Wednesday, January 21 10:00AM to 3:00PM
This institute will focus on effectively using the QOLT assessment rubric for faculty peer review. Learn about upcoming initiatives and how you can participate in supporting quality online teaching at SF State.
In the QOLT Peer Review Institute you will:
- Use the QOLT instrument to effectively review a course
- Learn how to give constructive recommendations
- Discuss examples of setting up a peer-review process at SF State
- Learn about upcoming initiatives for quality online teaching at SF State
REGISTER NOW To register for any or all three Institutes go to: Winter Institute Registration.
Enrollment is limited. Lunch and refreshments provided.
Questions E-mail questions and comments to email@example.com or call ext. 5-5550.
Academic Technology welcomes persons with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. To request reasonable accommodations for this event, contact Nora Scully by December 18, 2014 at ext. 5-5539 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To post comments you need to login using the link on the right.